The Handbook for Conducting Technology Needs Assessment for Climate Change  (TNA handbook) has been prepared by UNDP and the UNFCCC Secretariat.
The handbook provides step-wise guidance for national stakeholder teams in developing countries to:
- Identify development priorities of the country,
- Identify strategic sectors which contribute to meeting development priorities and to climate change mitigation and/or adaptation,
- Identify technologies for climate change mitigation and adaptation in these strategic sectors,
- Increase familiarity with these technologies,
- Prioritise technologies with the help of multi-criteria decision analysis,
- Identify activities to accelerate the development and transfer of prioritised technologies within the country.
ClimateTechWiki has been developed as a supporting tool for steps 3, 4 and 5.