To assist potential project developers and decision makers in the use of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), voluntary carbon markets, and other project finance mechanisms to support small-scale sustainable energy projects to deploy efficient cookstoves and other clean technologies at the household and rural community level in India.
- Create an online database to track Appropriate Sustainable Energy Technologies (ASETs) projects and financing mechanisms, Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), voluntary carbon markets, microlending, and others.
- Establish a working group to analyse how traditional and programmatic CDM can be used to support ASET projects, with financing mechanisms such as microlending.
- Develop a household ASET retrofit and financing Project Concept for a pilot community using bundled small-scale CDM and related funding mechanisms.
- Create a programmatic CDM Project Concept with supplemental micro-lending mechanism for selected ASETs.
- Produce reports and training materials for ASET pCDM, CDM bundling, and the related financing mechanisms.
- Hold a workshop for key government ministries, state-level stakeholders, financial institutions, major NGOs, and project developers
- Increase in the availability and quality of available information on ASET projects and feasible financing methods
- Improved profitability and feasibility of CDM-based and pCDM-based ASET projects in impoverished rural areas.
- Increased engagement for pro-poor and gender-sensitive CDM financing
- Increased project developer understanding of ASET projects and their financing through CDM