To provide technical expertise to S&L in India, via Bureau of Energy Efficiency, for refrigerators, air conditioners, and consumer electronics resulting in increased consumer awareness and sales of energy efficiency products.
- Support BEE's S&L programme;
- Collect, analyse and disseminate impacts for median product electricity; energy use; CO2 emissions; change in consumer awareness; sales of energy efficient models; and international benchmarking;
- Prepare outreach materials explaining labeling and train NGO partners to publicly distribute and track dissemination;
- Develop endorsement label design (for consumer electronics) through qualitative market research with consumers and other stakeholders;
- The anticipated total CO2 emissions saved in India from S&L for the products in these is expected to be 400 Million tCO2e.
- Improved capacity of BEE to develop and implement S&L programmes;
- Improved capacity of BEE to deliver and assess consumer awareness and outreach programmes;
- Quantification of impacts to support energy efficiency policy decisions;
- Improved programme implementation through a credible feedback mechanism on impacts;
- More effective outreach to the public through a network of NGOs;
- Greater public awareness of energy information labeling;
- Strengthening of the NGOs capacity in delivering energy efficiency messages to consumers;
- Labeling for consumer electronics -a product category with significant impact on India's future energy demand.