To conduct a detailed study and evaluation on the potential of the SWP industry in China for both on-grid and off-grid applications, and make specific policy and strategy recommendations to the Chinese government to promote its growth.
- Undertake survey of the small wind power industry in China and around the world, including situation analysis of SWP in distributed generation
- Conduct an extensive technical and economic analysis of both on- and off-grid applications for SWP, covering technology, deployment and policies.
- Draft specific policy and strategy recommendations as well as an overall SWP industry roadmap document and present it to the China National Energy Administration (NEA)
- Produce final survey report covering aspects such as global market potential, identification of barriers
- Organise a workshop to disseminate the results of this study and to discuss the effective policy and regulation
- Solid base for SWP strategy and policy development, particularly an incentive policy that will encourage the use of SWP in distributed generation
- Improved living conditions in rural and underdeveloped areas, where the use of small scale wind turbines will give both energy and income to farms.
- Expansion of the SWP industry, with new applications, lowered production costs, and increased product quality, and a metering regulation consistent with SWP needs
- A standards and certification system will be developed, consistent with the policies recommended in this project.
- Reduced GHG emissions