To scale up SELCO-implemented projects which create sustainable linkages between energy services, microfinance and income generation, improving lives of the poor.
- Design energy service business models for combining product development and innovative financial schemes
- Replicate the energy service program of SEWA Bank and SELCO with another similar microfinance institution for energy loan portfolios
- Strengthen market service delivery mechanisms through local entrepreneurs, targeting 25 projects for energy service enterprises
- Create awareness among financial institutions regarding the innovative financial models
- Increased access to financing and affordable renewable energy solutions for underserved and communities without banks
- Integration of an energy loan portfolio into the regular activities of more microfinance institutions, helping the poor access RE sources.
- Access to products that are specifically suited to income generation activities for the poor
- Opening of similar RE portfolios in other financial institutions, leading to more projects that link income generation and renewable energy.