To increase national awareness on renewables and energy efficiency and remove barriers to investment and market development through a national policy instrument.
- Identify and evaluate existing energy policy documents.
- Facilitate renewable policy dialogue through consultation meetings between relevant government ministries and agencies, civil society organisations/NGOs, development partners, the private sector, local government officials, energy experts;
- Establish an institutional framework (RE & EE Committee) to serve as the vehicle for formulating the clean energy Policy and Action Plan;
- Draft a national clean energy Policy and Action Plan;
- Convene a forum to review, finalise and validate the draft Policy and Action Plan;
- Submit the final Policy and Action Plan to the Government of Liberia through the Ministry of Lands, Mines & Energy for approval.
- Production of a national policy instrument to build and increase the application of clean energy in Liberia by promoting investment, market development and end-use technologies;
- Increased access to energy services and the resulting positive impact on poverty;
- Increase energy sector competition by facilitating Government support through tax subsidies for renewables and energy efficiency scale-up;
- Facilitation of private sector investment/lending in the clean energy sector;
- Increased investment in off-grid rural electrification through the deployment of renewable energy technologies;
- Facilitation of indigenous energy technologies that demonstrate clear cost advantage without jeopardising quality;
- Organisation of training to build local capacity to deal with renewable issues.