To develop an innovative toolkit with the Panzhihua Sustainable Energy City Plan and Action Plan, to improve Panzhihua's capacity of RE&EE policy & market development and establish an integral system with cross-sectoral mechanism.
- Investigate and assess Panzhihua clean energy status quo
- Train local stakeholders on renewables and energy efficiency
- Develop Guidelines of Panzhihua SEC Planning and Sustainable Energy Project Manual
- Develop Panzhihua SEC Plan & Action Plan
- Mobilise Local stakeholders to develop plans
- Develop two pilot sub-projects within framework of Panzhihua SEC Plan
- Summarise and disseminate experiences
- Establish a Public-Private-Partnership based network
- Mainstreaming of sustainable energy plans into city planning system
- Ensure enough energy supply, environment improvement and economic development by promoting sustainable energy
- Act as a showcase for illustrating that local participation at city level is the effective and optimal approach to achieving clean energy
- Disseminate the methodologies and toolkit of energy planning and management to local stakeholders
- Encourage city energy planners to follow the approach to integrate energy issues with other issues, directly contribute to achieving the MDGs
- Facilitate additional REEEP outcomes relating to REEEP priorities through its synergistic relations with Sustainable City Programme in Panzhihua.