To propose the national model of legal framework to promote the use and exploitation of renewable energy resources in the states and municipalities of Mexico.
- Analysis of local legal frameworks in Mexico and the world related to renewable energy sources;
- Develop a draft national model that includes the institutional and regulatory mechanisms to promote utilisation of renewable energy;
- Prepare a multimedia edition of the national model in a didactic format that allows its use in the states and counties of Mexico.
- Proposition of guidelines to establish State legislation and Municipality regulation for renewable energy exploitation;
- Promotion of a public policy of exploitation and use of renewable energy sources among the States and Municipalities of Mexico mandated by the Federal Government;
- Furthering of public, private and social investments to develop projects using solar, wind, hydro, biomass and geothermal as sources of electricity as provided for in the Federal Legal Framework;
- Stimulation of the process of Federal and State Government promotion of renewable energy;
- Increased States' and Municipalities' understanding of legal issues relating to the use of solar, wind, hydro, biomass, and geothermal energy sources;
- Establishment of a legal framework to diminish poverty in rural communities throughout Mexico by using and exploiting renewable energy sources.