To develop a National Roadmap for Wind Development in China with supporting documentation that provides a detailed planning framework to enable China to achieve its intermediate and long term strategic wind development and policy goals for 2010 and 2020.
- Organise two workshops, one for government and other stakeholders, and the other for wind farm project developers in China specifically;
- Develop a Roadmap including elements of a National Action Plan for Wind Development;
- Develop a Multi-Year Technology and Industry Development Plan;
- Set detailed objectives and targets for the 11th Five Year Plan (2005 - 2010).
- Achievement of China's strategic development goals for wind development including:
- 4 GW in 2010 and 20 GW in 2020 of installed wind capacity;
- Establishment of a viable industrial base for domestic manufacturing of large scale wind turbines;
- Establishment of a domestic capacity for commercial wind farm projects;
- During the course of the project and based on the wind resources assessment, power-grid construction and industry development strategy, the target till 2010 was increased to 5 GW by CRED;
- Increased cooperation between the Government, industry and financial stakeholders to support the achievement of national objectives;
- Replication potential in other countries to enlarge the global wind market.