To develop a long term and stable legal framework for wind power in Brazil, seeking a wide spread of the technology, and creating the conditions for building a manufacturing, deployment and service industry in the country.
- Prepare a comprehensive study on optimising the policy framework for on-grid renewables deployment in Brazil
- Take into consideration the successful planning and regulatory experience of the principal EU wind power markets as well as the US and China, and adapting it to Brazilian conditions
- Hold a series of seminars to get local input and bring international experience from the industry and regulators to Brazil
- Cooperate closely with the leading legislators in both houses of the Brazilian Congress to build a political consensus on the way forward
- facilitate passage of new legislation within the timeframe of the project, which meets government approval
- Final adoption of legislation providing an effective, stable regulatory environment for wind power in Brazil.
- Avoidance of the need to build thousands of megawatts of new thermal generating plant and avoid the addition of many tens of millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere over the coming decade.
- The study on optimising the policy framework becomes a template for similar ones in other countries.