To catalyse reforms of policies and regulations in the energy sector among key countries of Latin America through identifying the most viable reform opportunities and assisting Policy-makers and other stakeholders in the host countries to initiate critical reform efforts to improve market conditions for the development and use of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and systems.
- Actualise and electronically publish a comprehensive survey of RE/EE policies and regulations in each participating country of Latin America (at least ten countries);
- Identify key gaps, reform measures, and stakeholders critical to bring about a significant change in the policy/regulatory environment;
- Develop results-oriented recommendations and outline strategies for executing the critical reforms necessary in several countries.
- Development of an information network on sustainable energy policies and regulations in Latin America;
- Through the engagement of approximately ten countries of the region in this forum process, three or more concrete policy and/or regulatory reform processes will result, thereby improving market conditions for sustainable energy in those countries.