To supply a comprehensive, systematic and empirical treaty implementation database in order to support efforts to use law as an instrument to promote and support the development of the market for renewable energy globally.
- Compile detailed implementation data for the treaties covered;
- Create metrics for evaluating treaty implementation;
- Identify and analyse social and economic impacts resulting from the implementation of these treaties;
- Expand the present database to include all international energy agreements entered into by Brazil, Mexico, Russia and South Africa, along with implementation and impact analysis;
- Create an online system enabling selected stakeholders throughout the world to contribute agreements to ISEA;
- Develop synergies with such key entities as reegle, The World Conservation Union and United Nations Treaty Section.
- Increased understanding of decision-makers, regulators and other stakeholders about how to better construct and implement international agreements that support development and deployment of REES;
- Greater understanding of international treaties and how they are implemented;
- Expanded scope and informational depth of the ISEA database;
- Enhanced REEEP/REIL efforts to suggest ways of using law to facilitate the market for renewable energy globally.