To build knowledge about, and advance models for, innovative financial mechanisms to boost solar water heating.
- Develop a model business plan for Brazilian SWH fee-for-service and performance contract operations;
- Develop a model business plan for Caribbean SWH fee-for-service operations;
- Explore and integrate a carbon finance role in these business models;
- Work with the Brazilian and Caribbean stakeholders to help evaluate viability and adapt business plans for their situation;
- Build knowledge about possibilities for carbon finance in Caribbean utility SWH programmes;
- Explore possibilities for international REC trading to boost developing country SWH activities;
- Share information with a network of stakeholders, including other REEEP priority countries such as China, India and South Africa.
- Provision of model business plans to solar water heating manufacturers and electric utility companies in order to develop and launch new operations;
- Increased understanding of replicable innovative financing models such as fee-for-service and performance contract arrangements, as well as the tools needed to design and implement such programmes.