To remove the main financial barriers that inhibit the implementation of energy efficiency investments in the industrial and commercial sectors in Central America, by the implementation of innovative financial mechanisms.
- Design at least two innovative financing mechanisms (EE equipment leasing and ESCO approach) in addition to conventional finance, involving local commercial banks, project developers, chambers of industry and commerce and industries and commercial entrepreneurs;
- Identify and screen at least four projects to carry out investments;
- Design a specific capacity building programme for investors, financial institutions and project developers with the active participation of CONAE, FIDE and ATPAE;
- Develop a handbook to prepare business plans for private sector EE investments in Central America ;
- Organise a regional workshop to strengthen knowledge transfer and best practice on EE project financing.
- Reduction in the business operation energy bills for Entrepreneurs in the commercial and industrial sectors without affecting the final quality of products and services;
- Improved knowledge transfer between Mexican and Central American financial institutions;