To define and launch a new credit practice in Yes Bank (YBL) focused on financing for small-scale renewable ventures in rural India.
- Practice at Yes Bank focused on financing small-scale renewable transactions in rural India;
- Develop bundles of small-scale rural renewable ventures for financing that utilise a combination of conventional and carbon finance mechanisms;
- Secure conventional and carbon financing for a set of three commercially attractive pilot subject renewable transactions;
- Document best practices and lessons learned for scale-up and replication.
- The practice in YBL will be an ongoing commercial operation that will continue to finance small-scale rural renewable ventures after the Project is over. Further, the bundling mechanism will facilitate such financing;
- Financing a bundle of subject ventures will provide evidence that this is possible and serve as a model to be implemented in other YBL branches as well as other banks in India;
- The Projects financed will be active generators of energy from renewable sources, further proving the viability of such options.