To establish the Pacific Islands Sustainable Energy Industry Association and Certification Scheme for RE and EE practitioners.
- Research and identify every all businesses involved involved with renewable energy and energy efficiency in Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Visit as many of the companies as possible to discuss the development of the association, and identify where the association should be established.
- Develop articles and structure for the association, handle its registration and develop a business plan for its first 3 years.
- Develop and introduce the certification program.
- Identify technical/installation standards that could be adopted in region
- Conduct the first two annual Industry Association meetings for the region.
- Provide administrative support for the association's first two years.
- Increased focus and drive toward quality of RE products, RE installations, energy efficiency services and products, and training of technicians through accredited training programs, standards and regulations.
- Better profile for the renewable energy industry in the Pacific Islands, and coordinated promotion by all members of the association.
- Indirect benefits in cutting CO2 emissions thanks to increased RE and EE potential.