To establish PFAN networks and activities in Mozambique and Uganda, in support of other PFAN activities elsewhere in Africa.
- Establishment & build-out of PFAN Networks in Mozambique and Uganda
- Identification of projects for inclusion in PFAN's development pipeline for receipt of guidance on project development and financing; support in proposal preparation; brokering contacts to investors & financiers
- Transfer of a scalable Brazilian model to Mozambique as a pilot project for the cultivation of high value-added crops at the family farm level
- Technical assistance and training to raise the ability of local market players to develop new projects.
- Achieve financial closure on 4 - 8 medium scale clean/renewable energy projects (biomass-to-energy, solar, small-hydro, bio-fuels etc), raising a total of USD 10 - 60 million
- Reduction of the perceived obstacles to the mainstreaming of financing for clean and renewable energy projects in Mozambique & Uganda.
- Increased access to financing networks and investment for local clean energy project developers and entrepreneurs
- Scale up of investment in clean and renewable energy
- Development of related projects integrating other MDGs, particularly for food security, HIV and women
- Development of capability in local institutions (NGOs / government agencies) for creation of sustainable agricultural microenterprises using renewable technology