To assist the CRE in defining the necessary actions to promote the installation of geothermal projects, making use of the regulator’s new powers.
- Hire consultant with international experience in order to assist CRE
- Assist in developing a conceptual model of geothermal potential for power generation; one which will help to develop instruments and methodologies to promote geothermal use
- Suggest the necessary changes to regulatory instruments so they may fit the policies established by the Energy Ministry
- Regulations and policies in place that attract investment in geothermal energy projects from private sector developers
- Increased geothermal energy capacity, particularly in the northwestern region of Mexico, where tectonic plate conditions make geothermal a feasible option