To help frame energy management policies and regulations for new and existing buildings in the City of Bangalore, covering a wide range of energy demand reduction and energy efficiency measures.
- Frame policies, guidelines and regulations to facilitate BDA and BBMP achieve energy efficiency and promote renewable energy at building level in Bangalore, specifically covering:
o Reduced energy demand at design stage
o Cooling / heating systems for buildings
o Energy efficient lighting requirements
o Energy efficient appliance requirements
o Renewables such as solar water heating
- Develop methods for economic appraisal and life cycle savings analysis to help building professionals make energy-efficient decisions
- Make these methods available as part of a web based tool for professionals
- Work out financial incentives (e.g. programmatic CDM) with BDA, BBMP and financial institutions
- Develop training modules and information
- Building by-laws for the city of Bangalore revised to integrate energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Increased awareness of energy efficiency and its advantages amongst the Government officials, local urban bodies as well as architects, developers builders, and financial institutions
- Growth in the market for energy efficient and renewable energy products
- Reduction of green house emissions from the buildings sector in Bangalore.