To accelerate the implementation of PIC national energy action plans including EE and EC strategies taking into account previous and on-going regional activities on EE.
- Situation Analysis and feasibility study on the impacts of introducing an appliance labelling programme in Samoa and Vanuatu.
- Development of legislation necessary to the enactment of an appliance labelling programme in Samoa.
- Energy auditing in Palau, the Marshall Islands (RMI) and Vanuatu to support the formulation of EE and EC activities, training of local personnel and development of demand side demonstration projects.
- Develop an extensive awareness and educational programme supporting the above activities, including flyers, posters, booklets, radio & TV programmes for translation into local languages of the participating countries.
- Noted improvement in the implementation of national energy action plans in PICs.
- Enhanced awareness and positive attitude towards the benefits of energy efficiency and conservation amongst the population, utilities and businesses.
- Increased collaboration between public and private sectors in each of the participating PICs, and amongst agencies at the regional level
- Demonstration projects that underline the benefits of energy efficiency and conservation which may lead to larger scale implementation in the participating countries and possible replication in other PICs.
- Wider scale partnership activities with the appliance labelling component of the project via the Australian Government (REED)