To realise an investment fund to invest USD 12 million in 76 clean energy SMEs in Ghana, Mali and Senegal. The Fund will replicate and scale up E+Co's existing activities in an efficient manner. During implementation the regional scope was widened to Sub-Saharan Africa.
Indicative numbers at Fund-size of $12 million:
- people provided with access to energy = 3,191,489
- tons of CO2 offset (annually) 2,112,676
- third party capital mobilized $ 120,000,000
- Invest USD 12 million in 76 clean energy SMEs in Ghana, Mali and Senegal;
- Provide access to clean energy to mainly unserved people;
- Socio-economic and environmental benefits of replacing fuelwood, kerosene and charcoal with modern cooking fuels;
- Catalyse a sustainable financing value chain for clean energy SMEs in the region;
- Include neighbouring African countries in scope of fund, once successful after about two years;
- Replicate this first-time fund to other E+Co regions especially, Mekong and South-America;
- Share lessons learned with the wider network of REEEP and other stakeholders.