To prepare a proposal to the Government of Guatemala for a long-term national energy policy, with emphasis on renewable energy, energy efficiency and environment to foster poverty reduction, economic competitiveness, environmental sustainability and mitigation to climate change.
- Prepare a basic energy document and legal gap analysis;
- Consult with key Government Ministries and Institutions;
- Facilitate a workshop with key Government Ministries and Institutions;
- Prepare the basic document and policy outline for national consultation;
- Identify Stakeholders for consultation;
- Organise workshops;
- Update basic policy document incorporating validated stakeholder input;
- Prepare final document of a long-term sustainable national energy policy framework delivered to the Government of Guatemala.
- Increased national awareness regarding the need for a long-term national energy policy;
- Generation of awareness on renewable energy, its upside from an environmental, economic and social point of view, and the national potential and climate change impact;
- Increased information on the importance and economics of energy efficiency;
- Production of a proposal to the Government of Guatemala of a sustainable long-term energy policy prepared with multi-stakeholder participation;
- Involvement of indigenous populations with workshops in native languages.