Identify the existing barriers for renewable energy development in Tunisian and Moroccan hotels and produce an integrated policy structure for their development, highlighting the potential for ESCO's project development.
- Define the legislative and financial background regarding renewables and energy in general;
- Develop a catalogue of state-of-the art technologies appropriate for the region;
- Conduct technical and economical analysis of renewable energy applications for hotel heating and cooling uses;
- Identify the main aspects (obligations and benefits) of renewable energy policies;
- Develop guideline policy in hotel sector;
- Complete detailed analysis for the implementation of a renewable energy installations following an ESCO model;
- Information dissemination activities such as conferences, published articles and direct mailers.
- Innovative solutions for renewable energy applications involving both heating and cooling needs;
- Reduction of primary fossil fuel energy consumption and thus the environmental impact of such energy generation with a focus on the significant reduction in the summer electric load;
- Adoption of appropriate policies and strategies for renewable energy development at different levels (local, regional, national);
- Definition of positive financial conditions for the development of renewable projects, in particular regarding the implementation of projects with an ESCO model (based on Energy service contract);