To develop energy consumption quotas for the Chinese Chongqing municipal government agencies and provide methodology and training for achieving them, and act as an example for other cities in the process.
- Develop energy consumption performance indicators for Chongqing government agencies
- Analyse energy consumption data and calculate current performance indicators
- Set energy consumption quota in agreement with Chongqing government agencies
- Develop implementation guidelines for Chongqing government agencies to use in meeting the quota
- Hold a training workshop aimed at financial managers and energy managers in local government agencies on how to implement the quota
- Decreased energy consumption in Chongqing local government
- Raised awareness of the current energy consumption and methods for reducing it amongst local government managers and policy-makers
- Demonstrating the leading role of government agencies in the process of building an energy-efficient society
- Other cities could develop and implement energy consumption quotas with similar methodology.