To enhance the joint working relationship between the European Union and Morocco and other North African countries, to transfer European best practices in the use of renewables and energy efficiency as well as financial tools for their integration into the energy planning process.
- Produce a survey on the energy market and legislation in Morocco and other relevant North African Countries and an economic analysis of Morocco's mid and long term objectives for clean energy;
- Publish a handbook for policy makers on the possible replication of European tools and best practices in selected areas of the country;
- Identify selected local stakeholders that will be involved in the final steps of the project with the crucial contribution of Centre de Développement des Energies Renouvelables (CDER);
- Organise capacity building programmes to selected local stakeholders, to improve knowledge transfer on the European supporting programme, best practices and mid and long term objectives for clean energy, with linkages to the carbon market.
- Facilitate the introduction of programmes supporting renewable and energy efficiency based on market mechanisms into North African Countries;
- Contributing to the engagement of local financial institutions in the clean energy market or a commitment to engage following targeted training and support for national and government finance sectors in the Mediterranean basin;
- Harmonise legal frameworks and supporting programmes contributing to regional energy security and to sustainable energy development.