To create a replicable innovative financial mechanism for renewable energy financing which will lead to influencing the existing policy on financing energy services in the region.
- Develop 10 RE & EE projects with five different innovative financing mechanisms involving at least five different financial and/or micro-finance institutions in renewable financing;
- Train representatives micro-finance institutions about renewables and innovative financing;
- Train and involve the media in promotion of renewable financing and policy reformation;
- Collate success stories and using these as examples for policy advocacy for clean energy;
- Involve partner micro-finance institutions in policy advocacy.
- Involve more financial institutions in renewable financing making the service accessible for rural underserved populations and influencing policy makers to bring appropriate reformation in existing policies;
- The policy reformation will encourage mass replication of renewable financing in various areas ultimately increasing the reach of renewable services to the underserved and including them in the ‘bankable category';
- The energy service is expected to result in income generation and promoting livelihoods.