To establish a facility for Solar Water Heating (SWH) to scale-up current activities in large scale SWH-applications.
- Develop a business plan for a €1.5 million SWH investment facility, demonstrating the financial potential for large scale SWH installations;
- Provide an additional €250,000 required for facility development, EDS and management fees;
- Secure financial commitment from prospective financiers and donors with a background in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility;
- Organise a market development and training workshop with all stakeholders;
- Develop investment opportunities by engaging E+Co's network partners in South Africa;
- Implement the facility.
- Evaluate the results and decide whether a full scale self-sustaining Fund is justifiable.
- Increased dissemination of clean, reliable and affordable SWH systems combining the benefits of renewables and energy efficiency and applying appropriate financial techniques;
- Provision of approx. 200,000 litres of hot water/day to approx. 4,200 individuals through the financed SWH systems;
- Development of concept for a financially sustainable stand-alone SWH investment fund with investment capital of approx. 15 million.