To support South African provincial and local governments in moving SWH legislation forward, and to continue the development of a combined framework of legislation, sound business models and additional government support to promote the large-scale rollout of SWHs in South Africa.
- Support the City of Cape Town in its implementation of the SWH bylaw, and support Ekurhuleni to move its own SWH bylaw process forward.
- Conduct capacity building activities and support the spread of SWH legislation to other municipalities.
- Continue to work with government to support the development of SWH implementation businesses, including
- Work with the Development Bank of South Africa's Renewable Energy Market Transformation unit to create financing structures for the RE industry
- Assist Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality (EMM) in establishing mass rollout businesses
- Disseminate the business case developed for SWH mass implement-ation through these structures and in workshops with business
- In Cape Town, installation of an additional 10,000 SWH units each year, thus saving 6.25MW and 20,000 tonnes of CO2 per year
- Significant progress towards the establishment of SWH bylaw legislation around the country, using the City of Cape Town as a model for other cities
- Risk reduction for business and the upscaling of the SWH industry in areas where legislation is passed.
- Momentum for a national RE financing facility which will offer favourable loans to cities, businesses and private users.
- Increased employment, energy security and sustained growth of SWH industry