To support the Government of China to implement the Renewable Energy Law, which came into force in January 2006.
- Work with key stakeholders to design the training strategy;
- Manage the collation of training materials for the training courses for the implementation of the law in key areas such as pricing, wind, biomass, and solar (PV and SWH);
- Organise the training workshops for government officials and enterprises at the provincial levels;
- Monitor the implementation of the law on renewables development in China, with a particular emphasis on the pricing mechanism, and make recommendations to policy makers as issues arise. The training sessions will be used to create a network of ‘information suppliers' to this report;
- Carry out information dissemination activities to share this experience with countries in the region and globally.
- Enhanced understanding by up to 150 central government and provincial officials of how to implement the regulations;
- Enhanced understanding by up to 150 enterprise leaders of the law and its accompanying regulations;
- Useful feedback to NDRC so it can adjust the regulations in response to market conditions;
- Construction of solid foundations to the Renewables Law so that China can make its first important steps to meet its 2020 target.