To improve compliance with new building energy codes and provide training and resources to enable designers to go further.To help building officials to better implement and enforce the codes.
- Develop improved building-energy codes and compliance manuals;
- Deliver seminars on design and construction of buildings that comply with newly enacted codes. Attendees are building designers, engineers and building officials. NIISF presents seminars and includes techniques for achieving efficiency beyond compliance;
- Provide training to leading building officials on best practices in code enforcement and continuous code improvement as well as on efficient building techniques and technologies;
- Provide technical assistance in evaluating and improving the energy efficiency of designs for key buildings.
- Improved code enforcement and implementation through training for building code officials;
- Empowerment of building designers through training generating more efficient building design;
- Increased user friendliness of new codes and manuals;
- Improved code compliance and more efficient buildings saving energy and reducing emissions.