To attract institutional financing for renewable energy and energy efficiency enterprises in the emerging markets by developing risk mitigation strategies and financing products through intermediaries such as E+Co.
- Work with pension funds, insurance companies and banks to analyze the risk profile of an intermediary like E+Co with a large RE/EE loan portfolio in developing countries.
- Identify barriers to investment in E+Co when applying currently used investment approaches, define risks and identify possible mitigation measures.
- Develop a risk analysis framework and mitigation mechanisms for the financing risk of emerging market clean energy investments for institutional investors.
- Significant increases in capital made available for financing RE/EE enterprises in developing countries
- E+Co is able to attract capital from institutional investors to finance its pipeline of RE/EE enterprises in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Further financial innovation and product development with private sector participation.
- Enticement of commercial global capital players to make RE/EE investments in emerging markets.