To promote SWH in Brazil through the improvement of technical standards and necessary policy and regulatory frameworks, as well as formulating a plan that could be monitored, evaluated and scaled up. In parallel, structure / improve SWH finance mechanism aimed at the lower income population.
- Hold an international seminar to exchange experience and information with leading SWH specialists and technology providers
- Produce a white paper on the technology, finance, policy, environmental and social barriers that holds SWH development in Brazil
- Define/improve technical standards for low income household SWH systems
- Support the government in setting up a SWH finance mechanism for the low income population, operated by the National Housing Bank (CAIXA), integrating SWH into long-term finance during home construction.
- Document gains in energy efficiency and GHG emissions reductions.
- Avoidance of additional installed capacity of more than 1,000 MW by 2015 through installing SWH units.
- SWH market growth rate increased in Brazil, particularly amongst low income families
- Reduced energy bills for low income population, allowing income to cover expenses such as health care and education.
- Clear SWH technical standards
- Job creation in SWH installation and maintenance, design and production.