To conduct an analysis of the outputs and outcomes of REEEP's project portfolio. Evaluation questions will be answered, lessons learned generated and recommendations formulated.
- Conduct a three phased approach to the analysis.
- Initial planning and preparation phase including a preliminary documentation review of all relevant REEEP materials; a start-up teleconference; a work plan detailing the different stages of the study; and sampling methodologies for surveys, key interviews, and case studies, along with all data collection tools.
- Data collection phase including online survey targeting pre-selected individuals and projects; data analysis of level of successes of REEEP projects; five case-studies of successes, including on-site missions (India, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Brazil, and China), challenges and lessons learned; and complementary interviews to reach key informants.
- Data analysis and report writing phase including reviewing quantitative and qualitative results in light of contextual elements.
- Provision of a detailed work plan describing all steps, and providing all data collection tools.
- Provision of detailed analysis on project effectiveness against predetermined goals with a view to reviewing the extent to which the projects have had an effect on the intended beneficiaries.
- Provision of a ‘relevance checklist' against which the continuing projects can be reviewed against REEEP's defined priorities.
- Dissemination of lessons learned, best practices and potential for replication which in turn allows for fine-tuning of existing methodologies.
- Provision of a documentation 'tool kit' providing a complete list of REEEP Project outputs.