To design and start the Amazonia Energy Initiative (AEI) aimed at increasing energy access for isolated communities in the Amazon region while promoting productive and efficient energy use.
- Convene/participate in stakeholder meetings to discuss improved and innovative financing and technical assistance schemes;
- Institutionalise selected ongoing projects and establish as independent micro-power producers, managed locally and stimulating income generating energy use;
- Gather lessons learned/field information from the institutionalisation process;
- Provide inputs to the ongoing discussions headed by MME aligned with the GVEP action plan and priorities. REEEP has signed an MoU with GVEP to collaborate.
- Two projects institutionalised (50kW each);
- Ninety families receiving energy service;
- Development of Business Plan/Bylaws for Amazon Energy Market Agent;
- Innovative financing mechanism for micro independent power producer designed;
- For the two remote Amazonian communities where pilot interventions will be made, the AEI will contribute to a sustainable energy service provision and development of productive activities, ultimately contributing to their socio-economic development;
- For the Brazilian energy sector, the AEI will deliver a mechanism that will help to mitigate the risk for investors interested in exploring the business of electrifying remote communities, therefore contributing to a faster achievement of the targets of the Luz para Todos Programme.