To assist parliamentarians with coherent, coordinated and comprehensive strategies/guidance for renewable energy and energy efficiency policy at the EU and international level, including strategies against problems such as oil price volatility, import dependency on energy products, increasing energy demand, development policy, environmental policy and agricultural policy.
- Organise the three-day event;
- Discuss how to successfully create the best possible policies to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- Provide an opportunity for interchange on other policy fields such as agriculture, development and the environment;
- Share success stories in renewable energy developments.
- Increased cooperation amongst the decision makers, providing political guidance for future energy policy, promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency at decision maker level and enhancing the implementation of EU legislation.