Regulation Methodologies for Renewable Energy
To identify new procedures and codes to support renewable energy development.
Mexico19° 26' 3.12" N, 99° 8' 18.96" W
Main activity and output:
- Hire consultants to transfer international experience in order to assist CRE;
- Develop a methodology to assess the value of services such as voltage and frequency regulation or reactive power, that renewable energy generators and the grid offer to each other;
- Develop a methodology to assess the capacity contribution of renewable energy and combined heat and power technologies to the grid;
- Develop a net-metering regulation procedure.
- The Comisión Reguladora de Energía, an administrative agency of the Energy Ministry, shall have technical and operational autonomy pursuant to Ley de la Comisión Reguladora de Energía;
- Promotion of the efficient development of generation, export and import of electricity by individuals;
- Promotion of the efficient development of transmission, transformation, and delivery of electricity between entities that supply electric public service, and between those entities and the permit holders for generation, export and import of electricity;
- Development of Mexico's wind industry and increased number of power plant permits granted and completed.