Promoting sustainable finance for clean energy projects in China
To develop a transparent and competitive financial market so that a wide range of financial tools and risk mitigation instruments are available for RE and EE projects in China.
China39° 55' 44.04" N, 116° 23' 16.8" E
Main activity and output:
- Identify and analyze the revenue structures and risks (including CDM revenue and CDM risks) of different types of RE/EE projects in general, and specific situations in China
- Develop new financial tools and risk mitigation instruments for RE/EE projects based on Chinese conditions and global best practices
- Establish a RE/EE network of financial institutions in China
- Identify and develop a strategy to establish a RE/EE finance facility within the FI network;
- Hold an international workshop to disseminate the tools and risk mitigation instruments
- Carry out pilot projects using the new financial and risk mitigation tools and produce case studies
- Disseminate project outputs by distributing the reports and holding a national workshop involving government agencies from the RE, EE and finance sectors.
- Improved access for Chinese RE/EE projects to different types of financial facilities.
- Deeper understanding of the revenue sources and risk structures of different types of RE/EE projects amongst Chinese financial institutions
- A set of financial tools and risk mitigation instruments for RE/EE projects available
- Improved coordination and cooperation between banks and promote the development of a market-based RE/EE financing mechanism
- Longer term influence on Chinese government policies to develop RE and EE industries.