Market Development for Clean Energy in North America
To convene a Clean and Diversified Energy Advisory Committee (CDEAC) and define specific task forces to identify technically and financially viable policy recommendations that mitigate environmental impacts.
United States38° 53' 42.36" N, 77° 2' 11.04" W
Main activity and output:
- Convene a diverse and balanced group of stakeholders for the purpose of developing a final report;
- Oversee work conducted by the task forces in developing recommendations on specific topics including wind energy, transmission, biomass, energy efficiency, solar energy, clean coal, advanced natural gas, geothermal and an overall cost analysis.
- Recommendations from Stakeholders that meet the Governors clean energy goals:
- 30,000 MW of clean energy in the Western states by 2015;
- increasing efficiency of energy use in Western states by 20% by 2020;
- insuring the Western state's generation and transmission needs are met for the next 25 years;
- determining overall resource adequacy and deliverability in the Western United States;
- Generation of a network featuring policy makers and stakeholders to assist in recommendation implementation.