Development of energy consumption quota for government agencies in Chongqing, China
To develop energy consumption quotas for the Chinese Chongqing municipal government agencies and provide methodology and training for achieving them, and act as an example for other cities in the process.
China39° 55' 44.04" N, 116° 23' 16.8" E
Main activity and output:
- Develop energy consumption performance indicators for Chongqing government agencies
- Analyse energy consumption data and calculate current performance indicators
- Set energy consumption quota in agreement with Chongqing government agencies
- Develop implementation guidelines for Chongqing government agencies to use in meeting the quota
- Hold a training workshop aimed at financial managers and energy managers in local government agencies on how to implement the quota
- Decreased energy consumption in Chongqing local government
- Raised awareness of the current energy consumption and methods for reducing it amongst local government managers and policy-makers
- Demonstrating the leading role of government agencies in the process of building an energy-efficient society
- Other cities could develop and implement energy consumption quotas with similar methodology.