Design and Establish a Risk Mitigation Mechanism in India
To design and establish a risk mitigation mechanism to manage the investment risks in renewable energy in India.
India28° 36' 0" N, 77° 12' 0" E
Main activity and output:
- Develop a Risk mitigation framework
- Assess existing risk mitigation options
- Select risk mitigation measures
- Inform dissemination through national workshop
- Develop a pilot programme for implementing risk management mechanism
- Actual investment/disbursement of financial assistance in RE sector in India
- Increased awareness of risk mitigation products contributing to increase in size of Renewable energy market in India post implementation of the project.
- Increased private sector participation in renewable based generation
- Decreased dependence on conventional energy based generation, although quantification may be difficult at this stage
- Local employment generation
- Reduction in CO2 emission resulting in positive impact on environment.
- The initiative would also result in meeting Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) as it would address specific issues such as - poverty reduction, access to cleaner form of energy and other basic services, which would be enabled in presence of provision of energy through renewable sources.