Creating a Link between Energy Services and Income Generation using Innovative Financing Catalyst
- To promote innovations to increase access of energy services to rural poor through a multiple approach focused on income generation, innovative financing mechanisms and service delivery mechanisms.
- Secondly, the project aims to ensure that more energy services-based income-generating products, new credit mechanisms and creative marketing methods are infused into the targeted markets.
Sri Lanka6° 55' 54.984" N, 79° 50' 52.08" E
India28° 36' 0" N, 77° 12' 0" E
Bhutan27° 28' 59.88" N, 89° 35' 60" E
Main activity and output:
- Analyse the various target segments of SEWA Bank;
- Identify the appropriate energy service for the selected target segments of SEWA Bank and the financial institutions in Karnataka;
- Demonstrate the particular energy service to the targeted segments and potential entrepreneurs from the selected segments;
- Work with the respective financial institutions to create the appropriate financing mechanism for the end-user and entrepreneur.
- Establishment of strong links between energy services and income generation and between poverty and lack of energy services;
- Increased energy service affordability through flexible financing;
- Increased income and/or increased quality of life for the end-user and increased local employment.